Implemented by: NGO Eco Tiras, in partnership with Ecospectrum from the left bank
Budget: 123,680 USD
Duration: March 2017 – November 2018
Beneficiaries: direct – 727 members of thematic platform. Indirect beneficiaries-around 3600 (local public authorities and local public institutions – beneficiaries of previous SCBM projects), environmental institutions ans NGOs, experts, scientific community, agricultural specialists and farmers from both banks of Nistru river).
Results: More than 400 participants at the 12 organised seminars get acquainted with:
- Environmental challenges of the Nistru region
- Environmental education, international environmental legislation, duties of local authorities in environmental. protection
- Environmental legislation, protected areas and forests of the both banks: role of LPA and NGOs Methods of sustainable and organic agriculture
- Innovative technologies for rural areas to adopt to climate change Water safety and protection of small rivers
- Natural History education on both banks
- Environmental education in schools as a way to sustainable development and green economy – for teachers
- The role of forests and vegetation in rural sustainability and development and alternative energy sources in rural areas.
The platform members participated at 2 International Conferences:
- Biodiversity and Factors influencing on Dniester River Ecosystems
- Transboundary Nistru River Basin Management: Platform for Cooperation and Current Challenges
- Organized internal study visits (Agricultural Institute, agricultural farms and AcvaTir company, Codru, Padurea Domneacsa, Suta de Movile Iagorlic natural reservations).
- During the study visit abroad (Germany) the platform members learn about best practices in terms of environment preservation and practical solution for solving the environment issues;
- Created the professional thematic groups (ecological and sustainable agriculture; preservation of the Nistru; environmental education and training; scientific cooperation of universities and NGOs);
- identified the main priorities for further cooperation within the framework of the platform.