Implemented by: Chamber of Commerce of Transnistria in partnership with SGS Moldova
Budget: 455,500 €
Duration: July 2012 – June 2014
Beneficiaries: 885 direct beneficiaries, including 425 women; 1,338 indirect beneficiaries, including 395 women
Results: At least 5 cross-river business exchanges supported, 40 SMEs received business education services.
- A functional business education system was established in the Transnistrian region – the Business School with 3 branches in the cities of Tiraspol, Bender and Rybnita;
- A total of 885 people, including 425 women and beginner entrepreneurs, mid and top-level managers, entrepreneurs from agrarian sector, representatives of local administration in the Transnistrian region now have improved skills and understanding of modern business methods as a result of the Business School classes they have attended. Classes were also lectured by teachers from the right bank;
- New jobs have been created as a result of the skills/knowledge acquired at the Business Schools. Beneficiaries reported a total of 1338 new employees (part-time, temporary and full-time), including 395 women and 15 people with disabilities; 567 permanent jobs have been created by the listeners, among them 201 women and 6 people with disabilities;
- 16 business school trainers, including 8 women, became significantly better qualified business trainers, helping to develop the local business consultancy market offering their services within their own consulting companies, Business School now offering an increased number of classes for a lower cost;
- 12 top-level managers, including 6 women, from both banks of the river improved their understanding of modern methods used in their sector as a result of a study visit in the Czech Republic, as well as 4 partnership contracts were signed subsequently;
- 12 entrepreneurs, including 2 women, from both banks in the field of agriculture and food processing now use new technologies and improved work methods in their enterprises as a result of a study trip to Israel;
- Experience sharing: The project involved intensely trainings by trainers from the right bank and by entrepreneurs from both banks during study trips, who managed to establish lucrative contacts between them;
- Despite negative economic trends in the region, many beneficiaries reported positive outcomes. More than 55 % of Business School beneficiaries reported increased sales, exports and profitability in 2012-2013. 62% of existing companies whose managers benefitted from trainings increased sales volume. 60% of existing companies whose managers benefitted from trainings increased their profitability;
- culture, as well as women role-models, was increased. In 2013, 9,500 more individual patents were issued compared to the similar period of 2012.